Saturday, April 22, 2006

Aying Day Trip

This will be a quick blog. I thought I would post some photos from Aying. As you may expect it looks a little different in April than it did in February.

When I got there the brewery was closed (I still have a chance on Tuesday if I want to ride the rail to Munich before going to Koln...definitely a possibility).


The hotel, where the photo of the beer from Aying took place, was being used for a wedding. How sweet is that! You know you wont be stuck with some crappy lite beer.

Across the way is a beer garden, where I had some Bavarian roast chicken and Kartoffsalat (kind of like Potatoes Au Gratin with some Lederhosen) and a liter of the Ayinger Hefeweizen. Who says food in Germany stinks? It has been rockin for me!



The town which was nice during the winter, really comes alive in the spring. There were a total of 3 people outside other than me when I was there last. Now there were several people, mostly locals, or close_enough_to_be_locals enjoying the weather, drinking beer and doing outdoors stuff.

I decided to walk to the post office, where I took that desolate picture, and found that it was technically in a town called PeiB or Peiss. There are also mountains in the background :oP

Once it started to become night I headed back and it started to rain a little, reminding me of walking through the snow flurries. This time the coat was mostly unnecessary, whereas that was the coldest day of my trip.

Night night...















One last photo illustrating the difference between then and now


















--Joey

No comments: