Friday, May 04, 2007

I am far too tired for anything interesting so here comes to firehose for today.

I landed in Houston and was among the first to present my passport to the lady behind the desk. This turned out to be a very good move because she had an exit row seat for me, so I could extend my legs 90 degrees and touch nothing but sweet sweet air.

The flight was long, so long in fact, that it feels like it has been a few days since I left Tampa even though it is just now 24 hours. This is partly due to me only having had 4 hours of sleep the night before take off and two hours of sleep on the plane.

Tokyo is mind blowing. There are no words (or no words in this state of sleep depravity) to describe how large, crowded and insane this city is. Everything is different. The streets are not named at all from what I have been able to tell.

Okay back to landing. My luggage arrived quickly, and I preceded to getting some yen which was given at an excellent rate. 118 yen per dollar (they are scraping off a yen to yen and a half)So getting to Sakura Hostel was not that bad. I took the limited express to Aoto station, changed and took the Asakusa line to Asakusa station. That whole area was once considered the entertainment district. My hostel is overlooking a permanent carnival. Once there I chatted with a few of my roomates, all Canadian including one who met a high school alum coincidentally in the lobby.

Today was get adjusted and try not to die of exhaustion day (sleeping at 4 means more lag later) so I am getting ready to hit it (2030 here)

Here are a few photos , Ill try to clean it up in the morning

No comments: