Wednesday, January 18, 2006


Ah, finally a normal schedule. After my father and I left Barthelona via train to Malaga we took a bus to Marbella. This is a very cool town. It is like Europe meets Key West.

I am going to upload some pictures on Flickr...I think.

Dad extended his stay in Marbella which allowed us to take a bus to La Linea...the spanish town outside of Gibraltar. What a cool place, I didn´t have my camera, so I didn´t take any pictures but I probably will this weekend when I go with a few girls from my class.

My host family Betty and Rolo are very nice people. Betty has prepared some really great meals. Last night, I had Goulash, potatoes, and tomato salad with oranges and apples for desert.

The breakfasts in Spain are pretty light (Two pieces of toast is standard) but the dinners make up for it.

That kind of eating made me lose roughly 13 pounds in 4 days. I think I better budget for a few pair of pants.

Dad left yesterday so today is my first official day alone on the continent.

The prices are a little expensive over here but others are reasonable. For example, a chicken fast food place had essentially a value meal for 12 dollars. But a 1.5 liter water is only 50 cents.

They have a lot of bakeries in town so getting a loaf of bread to walk around with makes a great Almuerzo (not lunch, this is ¨before lunch¨) La comida is lunch (around 3)

Que weird.

--Joey

3 comments:

Joey said...

Okay glad to hear. The movies will take a long time to upload so if you decide to do that I recommend that you do it on mom´s computer. You will have to switch to Windows to do it because the linux explanation is complicated.

--Joey

Anonymous said...

Hi Joey!

It's great to hear you have a wonderful time in Spain. I've been to the cities (2004) that you have visited so far. Aren't they great! What a beautiful country! I would love to come back to visit again, may be in the northern part of Spain.

Have a wonderful time...See you when you get back to work with us @ IBM. Congratulations! and welcome aboard!

Tan

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tan, the spanish cities are really cool!

Yeah, I am having a great time over here.

--Joey