Friday, February 24, 2006



Eins zwei g´suffa from the city of Monks











I don´t know why I thought this was a small city, perhaps because my last city in the south of Germany was Freiburg? Anyway the brats are flowing and the beer is smoked just the way I like it. The town plaza is really amazing.


I arrived too early to my hostel, the Wombat, so I redid laundry. Lesson 36 don´t put clothes away damp, it makes them smell pretty rank. I am not sure if this is the best one I have been in, but it is probably in the top 2 or 3. If you are in Munich it is definitely a great place to stay (they have Paulaner on TAP!)





Look Em, The German Clovers ----------------->







So after a bit of a stroll I happened on the famous (or infamous) hofbrahaus of Munich. I thought I was pretty clever when I asked Wo ist das Hofbrahaus. Purely from memory because I left dad´s handy phrases on the computer. The problem was following the directions afterwards. Good thing everyone speaks English.

I bought a ticket for Ayinger to see the brewery (my favorite in the world), so tomorrow I will probably do that and Neuschwanstein which will save Dachau for the last day. I am debating between seeing Dachau or Linz. As of now I am leaning toward Dachau so I am have time to take an early evening train to Madrid.

Just for Professor Fehr... wursts und biere. Heute Blaue und Morgen UberBlaue




All word swaps are intentional ;)

--Joey

Okay quick reupdate, it sounds like Neuschwanstein takes a day... So I have to decide whether to go to Ayinger or Dachau. Or decide whether I am going to arrive in Salamanca on Tuesday instead of Monday. I will decide today. My next blog will probably be in 3 or 4 days do to hectic traveling

2 comments:

Clemens said...

Hi Joey.
Now I really am envious - beer on tap in the hostel. And German beer at that. Tia loved the picture of the dog chained to the bike - she says nobody is going to that ThAT bike!

When I was in Germany I was struck by how many people spoke English too. In France if you asked someone if they spoke it you got a blank stare, a gallic shrug, or a blunt 'non'. Or else a long involved statement in French. In Gemany if I asked the person simply said "Yes" and that was it. I thought Germans were just like Minnesotans except they wore more leather and had less of a sense of humor.

Enjoy the rest of your trip wherever you end up.

Tio

NEXT_STOP_07 said...

Dude !

You sure rock man. I hope that you are having the time of your life. I envy that beer.

It has been a pleasure bumping into you. This trip has changed my mentallity and you should know that now you have gain a freind for life.

peace bro !