Saturday, March 25, 2006

Okay this is it, my last entry (If I forget something, I will just edit this entry :-P)

Edit: Angela, if you came back here, I responded to your comment under "An Evening in Salamanca"

Edit: I forgot to give the site feed http://whereisjoeytoday.blogspot.com/atom.xml. If you have a blog aggregator my next blog comes to you (I use Mozilla Thunderbird for mail and for blogs for example).

Oh and FYI, I updated my Florence blog with photos it disappeared for a while so you need to click on February 2006 on the right hand side and scroll past Rome (if you hit Seville you have gone to far)

25b) After you take a fair amount of pictures and movies (I am very near the 1300 mark) you need to back them up. I recommend that you make two backups (at least) keep one CD with you (Walmart sells wooden CD boxes that are very protective for 3 bucks) and the other, send home. Then depending on how paranoid you are, "protect" or "lock" your favorite photos on the camera and just delete the others.

When Dad went to Europe, he had a good idea. He took about 150 photos in Europe (what a difference a digital camera makes; I nearly took an order of magnitude more in less than half the time) and decided to enlarge five. Those photos always interested me as a kid, and funnily enough, most of them were from Norway, which was the first country I visited, if you don't count a 6 hour layover in Amsterdam. So now I am in the process of deciding which photos will make my wall. I took more, so I will probably best Dad's five to something around 10 or 11. I am also including a extra print of his copy of the Viking Ship, which is best shot of it I have ever seen, including on the posters at the Vikingskiphuset.

I have two requirements for the enlarged photos (11x14)

1.) It must be a good, interesting photo.
2.) It can't be of anything immediately recognizable (no Colloseum, Trevi fountain, Eiffel Tower etc)

So here are my candidates/definites (some will look familiar):






Plaza Mayor, Salamanca











Fortress in Avila













Marienplatz, Munich














Pompeii Scavi, Naples
















Inside the leaning tower of pizza



















University/Church Belltower, Granada

















Garden in the Alhambra, Granada













Gran Via, Madrid
















Avila, again

















Back entrance to the Alhambra, Granada











Barberi Ape, Gibraltar











First off...YES I know that it is not the leaning tower of "pizza" it is Pisa..I get it.

I saw in the paper today that they sell a 2Gb San Disk card which would have held all the photos I snapped.

Okay I am pretty sure I have put everything here that I wanted to...until I change my mind. Anything I think of related to the trip that is quick and passing, I will just put on my personal blog (http://joeyisrighthere.blogspot.com)

I am getting a picture of the Seville Cathedral at night printed, laminated and mounted on foam tonight for pickup tomorrow. This will tell me if this is the right way to go about making the photos or not.

So until next time, whenever that "time" is...

Adios, Arrivederci, Au revoir, und Tschuss

--Joey

2 comments:

Joey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joey said...

My email address is

joe dot "mylastnamewhichendsines" @ gmail dot com

Did you go anywhere other than Prague? Ripping off tourists is common, unfortunately. I remember my father telling me that he was overcharged for a newspaper in Mexico! Poorer countries need to have more attention paid in any type of transaction.

Your welcome about the groceries :)
When I came back to the states I got caught up on LOST by downloading Itunes episodes, so if you are missing Merican TV, write me and I'll mail you a CD (along with Office episodeS). Btw, this season of LOST went from being good, decent, so so, ooh, whoa, huh?!, HOLY CRAP!, that just changed things.

The Norwegians are fantastic people, I think I put the Spaniards above them, but just barely. Didn't you find that they seemed almost eager to help you? Did you get to "prat litten Norsk?"

Did you find snowboarding tougher than skiing? That is so cool of Mari's folks! Once you write me (or leave a comment with what comes before @gmail.com) I'll give you the cell (unfortunately unless you are going to the beach, June is brutal in (well this part anyway) Florida)

You may want to check on the snow conditions, my sister and I found the snow to be almost icy with parts of the mountain exposed. They weren't making enough snow when I was there (of course that was the beginning run so...)

I have been doing a lot of nothing so I am ready to start working. I blew up some photos from my trip. Your call on going to Avila before Toledo gave me three photos (and that area that you said felt "spiritual" is in my house, my sister's room, and my dad's office)

Okay, chat with you later. Enjoy some vino

--Joey

Yeah I know it is fino calm down