Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Quick blog

Now that I am in Salamanca the blogs should be a little shorter and less frequent. Today was my first full day here and my first day of classes. They certainly have a different feel than in Marbella. For one, there are so many more people. A group of 30-40 Italian teenagers who are studying Spanish are here for this week.

The building that houses the school was a monastery at one time. Pretty cool! It reminds me of a plaza in Florence near the Academie that has David. Outside the weather is a brisk 7 degrees (warmed up from 1 last night). The city is pretty small so it is possible to walk everywhere once you get to know it.

The highlight thus far, and likely for the stint here is the Plaza Mayor. I will take a few photos more myself but here is one of Renee (the rare German named Renee), Aline, and me out and about in Salamanca.

I will update this blog with more pictures (for example, the school) tomorrow. Also I posted my experience in Paris below so you can check that out too. Mom and Dad can expect a new CD shortly.

--Joey

PW (post weirdness) I am sitting here sorting through my pictures and I hear these two guys next to me talking about stocks. They wanted the symbol for Cisco and I happened to know it was CSCO. They ask me where I am from in the states. Tampa. Oh us too. Oh...wait what? Where do you go to school? USF. Umm.. where in Tampa do you live? Carrollwood. Are you kidding me with this trip? If someone has planned out this whole thing and I am in the middle of some kind of Truman Show deal please step forward.

No comments: